doveadm-who - Show who is logged in to the Dovecot server
doveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] who [-1] [-f passdb_field] [-a anvil_socket_path] [user_mask] [ip[/bits]]
The who command is used to show which users from which hosts are currently connected to which service.
Global doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -f formatter
- Specifies the formatter for formatting the output. Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
- prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
This command uses by default the output formatter table.
Command specific options:
- Print one line per user and connection. Otherwise the connections are grouped by the username.
- -a anvil_socket_path
- This option is used to specify an alternative socket. The option's argument is either an
absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port),
in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket.
By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.
- -f passdb_field
- Alternative username field to use for kicking, as returned by passdb. Only the passdb fields beginning with the user_ prefix are tracked.
- Specify an ip address or network range, in CIDR notation, to reduce the result to matching connections.
- List only users whose login name matches the user_mask, or the altenative username (user_* field) if the -f parameter is used. It's also possible to use wildcards in the user name.
Show authenticated sessions, filtered by the client's IP address.
doveadm who ::1 username # proto (pids) (ips) jane 2 imap (30155 30412) (::1) doveadm who 192.0.2.0/24 username # proto (pids) (ips) firstname.lastname@example.org 1 imap (30257) (192.0.2.34)
Show authenticated sessions, filtered by username.
doveadm who pvo username # proto (pids) (ips) pvo 1 sieve (30343) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) pvo 4 imap (25693 25686 25679 25669) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) doveadm who ja* username # proto (pids) (ips) james 1 imap (30091) (127.0.0.1) jane 2 imap (30155 30412) (::1)